SHields for WB E-Series

9 replies to this topic
  • rwcfrank

Posted February 13, 2002 - 10:32 PM

I am not having any luck locating the deflector shields that mount on the E-Series. I was thinking of using 2 on the top to divert the noise more towards the ground. I even checked with White Bros and couldn't find a part #... ANyone have an Idea??????

• Ga426owner

Posted February 13, 2002 - 10:51 PM

I got mine from Dennis Kirk
http://www.denniskirk.com/dirtbike.htm
go to exhaust then to page 8 & pg 10
I have dealt with these people for a few years. They are not the cheapest but, I have never had any problems

• Ga426owner

Posted February 13, 2002 - 11:03 AM

sorry the correct link is
http://www.denniskirk.com/dirt.htm

• rwcfrank

Posted February 13, 2002 - 02:22 PM

Thank you Ga426

• SealClubber

Posted February 13, 2002 - 04:46 PM

According to my owners manual, the e-series shields are part numbers:

8-12 posn: 06-925
6-12 posn: 06-935
9-3 Posn: 06-936
12-12 posn: 06-937

If you get them, let me know how well they actually help to reduce noise.

Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lil_Bill

Posted February 13, 2002 - 06:51 PM

Now this is the first I have heard of these shields. How much do they cost, do they actually make a difference in how noisy the pipes are, are they just different shaped disks to direct the sound down. I don't think I received a true owners manual all I got was a photo copy of a manual and I didn't see any shields.

• SealClubber

Posted February 13, 2002 - 07:03 PM

Don't know how much they cost or if they cut down on noise. They are designed to protect the disks from roost and protect bike or car parts from heat and soot. They look like they fit between the last disk and end cap. They say they don't affect performance?

• Guy

Posted February 13, 2002 - 10:45 PM

:) Three of us run these sheilds, to stop cr*p and burning on the rear fender(US speak! :D ) they fit between the can and the first disc to shroud the discs, between us we run the 6-12 the 9-3 and the 12-12, NO difference in power, NO difference in noise...well maybe just a tad, but certainly not much, if anyone wants pic's, drop me a pm and I'll mail them to you, I can't post pics to the board! :D

• Glen_T

Posted February 14, 2002 - 09:21 AM

I have the 8-12 on my YZ. I can't say that it keeps the noise down any. I'm nearly deaf from this pipe as it is, but it does keep the soot off the fender fairly well. I seem to remember paying around $20.00 for it. As for performance, it has no effect either way.

• Dave_Whimpey

Posted February 14, 2002 - 09:29 AM

Try rockymountainmc.com. I have seen them in their catalogs for reasonable prices.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.