Yamaha Swingarm actually looks good underneath the paint!

1 reply to this topic
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted February 13, 2002 - 03:58 AM

Yesterday I was at local bike shop here in Columbus, and the owner has a yz250f. I was looking over his bike and I noticed that the swingarm was nice and shiny. It really looked good. I asked him what he did and he said that he went through 3 days of hard work stripping the paint off of it. I know he used steel wool, sandpaper, and a few other things, but there is got to be a easier way.

Has anyone else did this. If so what did you use.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nebraska400

Posted February 13, 2002 - 04:44 AM

I took the swing arm (all of the bushings, etc. removed) and used a propane torch. The swing arm is powdercoated i believe, and it comes off relatively easily. Dont get it too hot, just hot enough to turn the paint black. From there, clean it up with a powerwasher and some scotch brite. You can polish it from there, i had mine powdercoated black. ..just the way i did it, whether its the best way or not.... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.