07 WR 450 sag...

4 replies to this topic
  • TSFRANKLIN

Posted June 01, 2007 - 06:47 AM

I have my bike apart greasing everything (which I highly recommend) and wanted to set my sag if needed. Does anyone know what weight limit the rider is set for at the factory? I am 5'10 195 lbs with gear ... I may be within range already.

If anyone knows about how many turns it took for my weight it would be helpful. I would like to reassemble 1 time, then ride!

• antigrav

Posted June 01, 2007 - 07:45 AM

You have to set the sag after you get it back together and get on the bike with gear. YOu can reach the spinners by folding out the kickstater and getting a long flat tip screw driver with hammer in there to loosen the lockinging spinner then adjust the bottom one. I can get 4" and I wiegh 205 with my full leather supermoto gear, boots and helmet on. and 1 " static sag.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TSFRANKLIN

Posted June 01, 2007 - 07:52 AM

You have to set the sag after you get it back together and get on the bike with gear. YOu can reach the spinners by folding out the kickstater and getting a long flat tip screw driver with hammer in there to loosen the lockinging spinner then adjust the bottom one. I can get 4" and I wiegh 205 with my full leather supermoto gear, boots and helmet on. and 1 " static sag.

That helps knowing their is room to get in there, I really did not look at it before. I have a wrench I would like to use, but I have performed the screw driver method you mentioned before...it is a pain but whatever works.

• jams229

Posted June 01, 2007 - 07:56 AM

I believe the bike is set up for a rider weighing 180 lbs.
You will want to tighten the spring a bit.
Hate to say it, you would probably benefit from a stiffer rear spring...
Go on the Race Tech website and you will see what they recommend
for your weight and riding preference.

• TSFRANKLIN

Posted June 01, 2007 - 07:59 AM

I believe the bike is set up for a rider weighing 180 lbs.
You will want to tighten the spring a bit.
Hate to say it, you would probably benefit from a stiffer rear spring...
Go on the Race Tech website and you will see what they recommend
for your weight and riding preference.

Funny you mention that, I just had my 01 250F shock rebuilt with a larger fat boy spring. I think I am going to move it over to the 450. I called Race Tech, and they said it should work.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.