Yahama YZ450F 2008 PICS

12 replies to this topic
  • Frederik Wendelboe

Posted June 01, 2007 - 05:05 AM

The new Yamaha YZ450F 2008 model here,
http://www.motoverte...-la--22431.html

After KTM, which had revealed its 450 EXC very advances some on the usual dates at the time of the last Living room of Madrid, here the first infos on the 450 YZF 2008, whereas we are only in May! On does this photograph, one note the ' clamp of brake before more compact, which seems to be the same one as that of the 250 YZF 2007, and the exhaust box also smaller - that would hide a double exhaust? that appears probable. The early diffusion of this photograph could indicate a fast marketing. One says some to you as soon as possible.

What your guys think ? :thumbsup:

• Beanb1

Posted June 01, 2007 - 05:32 AM

Motocross Action has the same picture in their latest edition. Single exhaust, 2 lbs. lighter due to front fork changes and silghtly wider foot pegs. Couple other changes. NO EFI for the 08 450F for Yamaha. The 08's are suppose to be out early, June or July?? Sounds like they have refined the bike and are going to let the other brands mess with EFI for 08.

• Frederik Wendelboe

Posted June 01, 2007 - 05:41 AM

I think the US model i quiet different to the EU model.. Like th exhaust pipe is probarly longer on the EU model :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 01, 2007 - 08:06 AM

According to the picture, there are no obvious differences between the U.S. and E.U. models.

The bike does not have a dual exhaust. The new muffler (exhaust box) is a baffled type, instead of the typical straight through "glass packed" silencers that are the current standard. A company in the US named Flowmaster has been making high flow baffled mufflers for many years, and has proven that reasonably quiet exhausts don't have to cost a lot of power, so if Yamaha has done this right, it's a very good thing. That muffler has been racing in Japan for quite a while.

The "clamp" on the front brake is what we call the brake caliper, the part that applies pressure to the brake pads.

• kawamaha

Posted June 02, 2007 - 02:43 AM

Yamaha announces 2008 Models at June 12:
http://www.yamaha-mo...ehome/home.aspx

• MacJammer

Posted June 02, 2007 - 02:22 PM

That stubby pipe looks good. I just want to say thanks to Yamaha for not moving to the fuel injection. I hope the '08 has the hard snap from the carb. that make them fun to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yama02yz250f

Posted June 02, 2007 - 09:32 PM

will there be another color besides blue this year?

• Ga426owner

Posted June 03, 2007 - 07:30 AM

will there be another color besides blue this year?

oh yea ...yamaha is bringing purple back......:thumbsup:

• DieScarred

Posted June 03, 2007 - 10:41 AM

What do you guys think about Yamaha not going to EFI this year as Suzuki and Honda say they are, do you feel a lot of guys jumping ship?

• BergArabia

Posted June 03, 2007 - 11:41 AM

What do you guys think about Yamaha not going to EFI this year as Suzuki and Honda say they are, do you feel a lot of guys jumping ship?

Maybe but Probably not.
I have an 05 which I am keeping.
But will be looking at getting a new bike in Sept so my son and I can ride together. (He'll ride the 05, parents perogative). But I think I'll stick with Yamaha just because of reliability..

How about you? Going to swap the 07 for an 08 to get the EFI?

• DieScarred

Posted June 05, 2007 - 08:36 PM

Oh my sig is definately old, I had blown up the Suzuki in the first 15 hours of ride time, and am on a 2007 YZ250F now. I love the Yamaha and a 450 is in the near future, the EFI doesnt spark me as much as me sticking with Yamaha does, I'm definately get a Yamaha 450 just for the fact of how good my 250F help up, my hats off too Yamaha.

• yz_for_me

Posted June 05, 2007 - 09:56 PM

A lot of that depends on how well the EFI bikes work. I think a lot of people will initially take a wait and see approach. If early indications show the EFI bikes are the cat's ass and have significant advantages, I think the non EFI bikes will really suffer.

• Climber

Posted June 06, 2007 - 09:06 AM

As I've said before...

For me, the best thing about the introduction of EFI, is that it will make the previous models a lot cheaper (in terms of resale). Then I will be able to afford a used 07 or 08 for... cheap. They will still be great bikes. Even a bit out dated by the introductio of EFI.

The carburated bikes run fine on when they are laying on their side. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.