noisy engine

1 reply to this topic
  • pesh

Posted February 12, 2002 - 07:22 PM

can anyone tell me how noisy my engine should be as i heard mine the other day with my helmet off and someone else riding it and it sounded ****house you could here the rattle over the exhaust note i am the only one in our group that has a WR 426 so we are all a bit unsure about it i have just gotten it back from being rebuilt and took it back to the shop but they tell me they all do it :) :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chancer

Posted February 12, 2002 - 10:25 PM

I just rebuilt the top end on my bike, as the cam journals had galled. I had to readjust the valve clearance. YZ timed the bike while I was in there. My engine makes very little noise, the exhaust is loud. I run a White Bros. exhaust. Sounds to me like the valves may be out of adjustment. I was going to get rid of my bike also, but after this rebuild, I'm finally happy with the performance.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.