Spark Plug

2 replies to this topic
  • SealClubber

Posted February 12, 2002 - 06:28 PM

After doing the search I see that most people are using the NGK CR8E instead of the stock CR9E. Why? Does it burn cooler?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted February 12, 2002 - 06:46 PM

02's come with CR8E..Actualy it's hotter..

SoCal

• Taffy

Posted February 13, 2002 - 03:11 AM

i didn't know that!

very interesting. i took on both sides single handedly for a year to get them to consider a hotter plug. i met every pesssimist going. that's made my day now.

yes, an 8 is a hotter plug,what it means is that it will run "up" to the correct temperature.

to look at it means that the earth and central core on the 8's are higher in the thread and more exposed, therefore running ut in the chamber and hotter.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.