XR-s only & 1X international/precision concepts choke plate ?

8 replies to this topic
  • Redlines

Posted May 30, 2007 - 11:09 PM

I have bought a couple choke plates from Xr-s only before for XR600's and they were the bare metal ones. I always had to sand/grind it a lot to make it fit. I see now on there website that there new plate is anodized red. I was wondering if anyone bought a red one or one from 1X international that they didn't have to sand/grind to make it fit.
Thanks

• Potts228

Posted May 31, 2007 - 08:19 AM

I have bought a couple choke plates from Xr-s only before for XR600's and they were the bare metal ones. I always had to sand/grind it a lot to make it fit. I see now on there website that there new plate is anodized red. I was wondering if anyone bought a red one or one from 1X international that they didn't have to sand/grind to make it fit.
Thanks

I have the one from 1X and it fit perfectly into my XR650R.

• Bennito

Posted May 31, 2007 - 10:05 AM

this isn't exactly what you're looking for since I didn't get an anodized red plate. But I got my choke plate maybe 2 months ago (I would've sworn then you had a choice between red for more dollars or silver). Didn't fit very well. A file and 5 mins got it installed, but it doesn't choke completely.

• Redlines

Posted May 31, 2007 - 11:20 AM

Yeah I have had to sand all mine in the past and then they don't choke all the way either. I just wonder if the 1X international and the Xr's only are made by the same place since they look identical. Anybody else get one that fit without sanding it??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR4DEZ

Posted May 31, 2007 - 08:01 PM

Mine fit perfect, I had PC install it when they set up the bike 4 yrs. ago. Took it back to them last month for a valve job, piston and rings and a carb cleaning. This was the first work in 19K miles out side of a couple of clutches. Sorry for the ramble.

• Redlines

Posted May 31, 2007 - 09:36 PM

Which one fit correct XR's only or 1X international? Do you have a XR600R or 650R?

• XR4DEZ

Posted June 01, 2007 - 08:37 AM

600r and a 650r,Precision Concepts/1x choke plate on both.

• cleonard

Posted June 01, 2007 - 10:05 AM

I really wouldn't worry about the fact that these plates don't choke 100%. I ended taking my choke out over a year ago. I came up with a method to start the bike rather easily. This winter I was able to get it going down to 30F. I'm running a 68S pilot and all I do when it's cold is tip the bike on it's side for a second. It usually fires right up. If you have the stock pilot then it is a different story.

I got one of these plates about six months ago, but I've been to lasy to put it in. I'll put it in the next time I have the carb out for some other reason.

• bigtooth

Posted June 01, 2007 - 10:59 AM

I second cleonard. I didn't take my entire choke plate out, just the little spring loaded flapper and the spring. So I still use the choke but there is that big opening in the plate so its nowhere near 100%. I just kick it over a couple of times with the decomp. on and the throttle wide open. Then find TDC and give it a kick...fires up first try everytime.
650r
68s
175 main

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.