Replacement Aluminum Sub-Frame?

5 replies to this topic
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted May 30, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Hi,

I've got an 06 YZ450f...need a new sub-frame. I've heard of AC products...are they worth it?

What does a new OEM cost?

Thanks for the input!

MW

• CrusRuss

Posted May 30, 2007 - 08:52 PM

you can lookup the price on mrcycles.com

I looked yesterday out of interest and they were about $300 USD

• kyle450rider

Posted May 30, 2007 - 08:56 PM

Most things i've heard about the ac racing subframes is that they dont fit well ,if all.I would buy OEM if it's not much more than the ac one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nitroused383

Posted May 30, 2007 - 10:38 PM

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com sells the oem subframe for $240. Thats probably as cheap as you will find a new one.

• Mfinazzo

Posted May 31, 2007 - 08:05 AM

Most things i've heard about the ac racing subframes is that they dont fit well ,if all.I would buy OEM if it's not much more than the ac one.

Very true on the fit. I bought one for my old 04. There was alot of @#_! involved, go with OEM.

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted May 31, 2007 - 01:45 PM

Thanks! This is exactly the kind of input I was hoping for. Whether good or bad I always call upon my TT comrades to point me in the right direction.

MW

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.