08 Wr450 ?

9 replies to this topic
  • PROWLER 58

Posted May 30, 2007 - 03:02 PM

Ive been considering getting back into dirtbike riding. Im 48 ,ive owned many dirtdikes over the years including a KLX 650,Husky 610,DR400,and a KX 500.,but got out of it in 2000 and got a Harley. I now have an 03 Fatboy(100th ann.). Really like it,but Ive found I enjoyed being out in the woods even more. Anyways, Ive been researching for months,and know the WR450 is the bike for me. Talked to a dealer here in Ohio about an 07, and asked about an 08. He said I may be able to get an 08 as early as late July. Has anyone else heard this? He said he will have more info around late June. I found this hard to believe,but if its true , Id be crazy not to wait. More improvements could be on the way. Right ?

• xyourlocaldjx

Posted May 30, 2007 - 03:05 PM

just get the 07. my uncle rides harleys and used to ride when he was younger (street) guess my dad brain washed him into getting the WR.. he got the 07. it's a sick bike. I have a crf450R and a yz125. I love both bike, but that WR is a wicked trail bike!

• msgbean

Posted May 30, 2007 - 03:08 PM

Sorry about the Harley.:thumbsup: There is not likely to being any significant changes for 08 since the 07 is totally new. I doubt they will be out in July. The YZs are supposed to be out earlier this year which would put them at about July but the WR production is always 2-3 months behind. The earliest I've seen them is November and then they just trickle in.

• PROWLER 58

Posted May 30, 2007 - 03:12 PM

I know what your saying, but id hate to possibly miss EFI by not waiting 2 more months.Plus if the bikes dont change much, the 07s will be cheaper then.Im all about saving money.Im Not cheap guys....thrifty.

• MountainMax

Posted May 30, 2007 - 04:16 PM

If EFI was to be out, it would come out on the YZ a year before the WR's, it's always been like this for the updates, we get last year hand-me downs from the yz's..........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • witdogg

Posted May 30, 2007 - 04:20 PM

Ive been considering getting back into dirtbike riding. Im 48 ,ive owned many dirtdikes over the years including a KLX 650,Husky 610,DR400,and a KX 500.,but got out of it in 2000 and got a Harley. I now have an 03 Fatboy(100th ann.). Really like it,but Ive found I enjoyed being out in the woods even more. Anyways, Ive been researching for months,and know the WR450 is the bike for me. Talked to a dealer here in Ohio about an 07, and asked about an 08. He said I may be able to get an 08 as early as late July. Has anyone else heard this? He said he will have more info around late June. I found this hard to believe,but if its true , Id be crazy not to wait. More improvements could be on the way. Right ?

The 2008 KLX450R's are out already if you really want a '08. I see that you have had Kawi's in the past, were you happy with them? Don’t get me wrong here the Yamaha's are wonderful bikes too, just a thought for ya.

• PROWLER 58

Posted May 30, 2007 - 05:33 PM

yes that KLX650 i owned was a great bike over all,reliable,easy to start. I rode for 5 years.but it was heavy and sluggish for a 650. im getting a WR450, ive heard too many great things,just wish i could test one first,but dealers around dont do that. thanks

• ccoates445

Posted May 30, 2007 - 10:17 PM

Not expecting changes for the '08, but I can tell with certainty the price will go up and there will be no incentives for quite a while. Pull the trigger on the '07 by the 31st (tomorrow). There are some great rebates available. Good Luck!

• yz-dwg

Posted June 02, 2007 - 06:48 AM

The 2008 KLX450R's are out already if you really want a '08. I see that you have had Kawi's in the past, were you happy with them? Don’t get me wrong here the Yamaha's are wonderful bikes too, just a thought for ya.

I sat on the KLX450R the other day and it looks awsome, tag said $7,200 msrp, $400 set up, plus TTL, .........&%$#@!!, the fit and finish didnt seem as good as my '06 WR450 and some of the parts looked kinda cheap but you can tell its a badass bike

• MountainMax

Posted June 02, 2007 - 07:01 AM

it's a good dirt road cruiser imho, not a dual sport bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.