2006 WR 450 AIS head plug

3 replies to this topic
  • jnybbad1l40

Posted May 30, 2007 - 02:27 PM

I just need a freeze plug, or similar, to plug the hole in the head. I have had the AIS removal kit from Yamaha on for a while now and it runs great. I was riding last week and the whole elbow piece that is press fit in the head blew out with the pretty aluminium plug on it. I want to get rid of that whole piece and perminantly plug it.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

What size I need?

where to get it?

Thanks.

• TWILES

Posted May 30, 2007 - 02:52 PM

I got the TT kit and those plugs are machined and I know the big one is tappered. I'd go ahead and spend the money on that kit and be done with it. As high as gas is, you'll do like me and spend $35 on that looking for a 50cent part that might not even exhist.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thrashmetal

Posted May 31, 2007 - 02:24 PM

I'd second the TT kit, it worked great. They fit snug and all you need is some high temp silicone and your on your way.

• ADVnaut

Posted May 31, 2007 - 02:59 PM

Definitely get the TT kit IMO. Here are some pics.
http://www.thumperta...061#post3547061

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.