Acerbis 3.3 tank

8 replies to this topic
  • Bleeds_Blue

Posted May 29, 2007 - 08:24 PM

I'm gonna order a larger tank, the Acerbis 3.3, from motosport.com. What all usually comes with the tank, anything besides the cap? Just wondering if I need to get petcocks, tubing, and the "t" to connect them. Let me know, thanks.
:)

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 29, 2007 - 10:11 PM

It comes with everything. However, go get yourself a couple of feet of 1/4 fuel line, clamps and a brass T connector. The stuff that comes with it is pretty thin. You'll want something that can withstand the heat coming off of the engine.

• bcs

Posted May 29, 2007 - 10:36 PM

I am thinking about getting this tank, too. The dual petcocks set-up is a bit of a turn-off. Does anyone have a pic of the "plumbing" that is necessary to get fuel from this tank to the carb?

The Clarke tank seems to fit pretty good, but I think its only 2.8 gallons, which is only 0.6 more than stock. The Acerbis is 3.3 I think which should be good for 100 miles under all but the toughest conditions.

Also, for Bleeds Blue, I think I read that to install this tank on a 2006 WR450 you must buy the YZ radiator shrouds. Is that correct?

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted May 30, 2007 - 03:44 AM

Also, for Bleeds Blue, I think I read that to install this tank on a 2006 WR450 you must buy the YZF radiator shrouds. Is that correct?

I've talked to few guys on here and they say no. If I remember correctly, this tank fits 03-06 WR450F's and 03-05 YZF450's, so you already have YZF rad shrouds.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 30, 2007 - 03:03 PM

I am thinking about getting this tank, too. The dual petcocks set-up is a bit of a turn-off. Does anyone have a pic of the "plumbing" that is necessary to get fuel from this tank to the carb?

The Clarke tank seems to fit pretty good, but I think its only 2.8 gallons, which is only 0.6 more than stock. The Acerbis is 3.3 I think which should be good for 100 miles under all but the toughest conditions.

Also, for Bleeds Blue, I think I read that to install this tank on a 2006 WR450 you must buy the YZ radiator shrouds. Is that correct?

The dual petcock think should not be a turnoff. The plumbing is very simple. The two petcocks have hoses the join on the left side to a "T". From there, it goes to the carb.

I have zero problems.

• charliep

Posted May 30, 2007 - 03:22 PM

I have an 05, the 3.3 fit with stock shrouds, no problem to install. I went with the 1/4" line and a brass T.

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted May 30, 2007 - 05:02 PM

The dual petcock think should not be a turnoff. The plumbing is very simple. The two petcocks have hoses the join on the left side to a "T". From there, it goes to the carb.

I have zero problems.

I understand how to do it, just wanted to know what all comes with the tank when you buy it. I was gonna put a "turnoff" on the right side too, so if I ever want to remove the tank.

• tony1970

Posted May 30, 2007 - 05:42 PM

The right side comes with a shutoff valve that is only really used when the fuel level gets down. Also pitch the Acerbis left side plastic handled petcock and use the stock unit. You will have to use a rat tailed file to open up the hole where the petcock tubes go to get the stock one to fit, but not much. I just installed a natural colored one on my '05 and it works great. Do a search on this forum and there are all kinds of other tips to help with the install of this tank. Good luck.

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted May 31, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Cool. Thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.