Does a Kick stand make me a sissY!

42 replies to this topic
  • jhrex

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:07 PM

OK I just got a YZ426f, bout 13 hours on it. Thanx to A couple guys in the Forumn I got directed to a video on how to start it and it is AWESOME!!!

I Love it! Fear it a little but am in total heat with this bike.

OK,, oooh, that's gross, sorry.

One thing though, is, I am not a racer, I am gonna ride through the woods, the mountains and up and down hills, JUMP ALOT! and enjoy this bike as I do all my others.

Having said that I never had a bike without a Kickstand before.

Is putting one on gonna be the end of my manly days? or is it just cooler to lean it against a tree or rock?

don't be kind, tell me what you really think!

JH jhrex.com

• jayh300

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:22 PM

i only trail ride my yz400f, and a kickstand is a must for me. There never seems to be a tree when you really need one. It has never come down unwanted and we normally ride with my son's friends so it seems as if you are always stopping and helping some one along.
if your kickstand makes you a sissy, I am right along with ya!!!!!

• witdogg

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:25 PM

Yes, you will become a sissy if you install a kickstand. Not to worry though, I have them on my bikes and being a sissy isn’t that bad. Honestly, if you trail ride a kickstand is a must.

• MaxPower

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:03 PM

[COLOR="Green"]it kind of does[/COLOR]

• rexbond007

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:04 PM

if you ride bush/trail = no

if you ride track = yes

• 700MX

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:16 PM

You are a goon for even considering it

• cbrewer450

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:17 PM

I ride trail on a yz450f and just put a pmb kick-it on and love it. It's nice to take a break and just throw the stand down. no huntin' for the trees or rocks. Guess I'm a sissy too.

• NorCal

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:21 PM

Kick stands are for sissies!!! J/k. I don't have one, but I wouldn't mind having the pro moto billet kickstand.

I won't though get one though. All I do is trail ride and can't remember a time were I really wished I had one. I guess when you don't have a kickstand, you plan your breaks near a rock or tree to lean it up on.

• witdogg

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:23 PM

I ride all desert and there isn’t any trees out there to lean them against. You almost have to have a kickstand.

• cbrewer450

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:38 PM

I ride all desert and there isn’t any trees out there to lean them against. You almost have to have a kickstand.

I ride the desert mostly too and leaning up against a giant cactus isn't much fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • greentyler

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:51 PM

I ride the desert mostly too and leaning up against a giant cactus isn't much fun.

in the sand, a quick brake stand to half burry the tire is all i need:p

• cbrewer450

Posted May 29, 2007 - 09:20 PM

aw but the desert isn't all soft sand. Was out this morning and it's pretty darn hard stuff unless you're in a wash of some sort.

• BergArabia

Posted May 30, 2007 - 12:56 AM

I also ride desert and can usually stand the bike up by digging in the tires.
But I still have a kickstand for those hard bits as mentioned above.

• frogman

Posted May 30, 2007 - 12:59 AM

Hi Berg, long time no see.

• Polar_Bus

Posted May 30, 2007 - 02:56 AM

Is putting one on gonna be the end of my manly days? or is it just cooler to lean it against a tree or rock?

don't be kind, tell me what you really think!

JH jhrex.com

A kickstand makes you SMARTER when there is NO trees around...

I have one on my KX500 for winter ice riding.

• frogman

Posted May 30, 2007 - 04:03 AM

Question: Why do men sleep on their sides?

Answer: Because they're born with kickstands.

• eissinger4

Posted May 30, 2007 - 04:18 AM

Anyone who tells you a kickstand makes you a sissy is a booger-eating moron. WHO CARES???!!! Do whatever the hell you want to. It's your bike afterall. If people are going to judge you for something as mindnumbingly DUMB as that, then you don't need to be around those kind of people at all.

• WB450

Posted May 30, 2007 - 07:10 AM

I have a 7 year old daughter, a kickstand is a must! You do have to have the best made.

Posted Image

• jrny426

Posted May 30, 2007 - 07:46 AM

WOW what a hot button topic!!! I trail ride so I guess I can get one?

• stillsun

Posted May 30, 2007 - 07:57 AM

When I had the bike completely apart to do the big bore motor work and sand blasted and painted the frame I fabbed up and welded on some mounts to later put a WR kickstand on it. I had got used to not using one but after finally mounting it up this weekend before heading out it's a whole different ball game. No longer do I have to plan my stops or sit there holding the bike while everyone else walks around taking a break. It's just nice to have if you're a trail rider.

Go for it.

J

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.