Clarke YZ tank - quality unit !

2 replies to this topic
  • dieseld

Posted February 12, 2002 - 11:20 AM

I have nothing but good to report after installing the Clarke "stock YZ" tank on my WR. I removed the stock WR tank/seat after 3 rides on the bike and replaced them with IMS 3.3 tank/YZ seat combo. And yes it fit, but with only one mounting bracket and it took lots of tweaking to get the seat and shrouds on the first few times.

The 2.0 Clarke tank fits much better, and although it won't be real useful for long rides, it sure slims the bike for forward transition on the track. And for only $38 more, I got all of the YZ petcock and mounting hardware to make the swap quick and easy. The quality of the Clarke tank finish is also far superior to my IMS tank with no plastics blemishes or rough spots.

Thumbs up on the YZ Clarke tank !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted February 12, 2002 - 06:53 PM

Ditto Here! It does rub on the rear shock res. had to put a pad between tank and shock res.

SoCal

• Christie

Posted February 12, 2002 - 10:04 PM

SoCal, In your signature you say "Euro YZF exhaust", is there a difference between the european and US YZF exhaust??

ChN

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.