Anyone using an aftermarket throttle cable?

3 replies to this topic
  • Scott

Posted January 22, 2001 - 12:15 PM

My throttle cable is pretty frayed and needs replacing. Are most of you using the OEM cable or would an aftermarket cable better. Which aftermarket? Etc...

Thanks in advance!

------------------
99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket

• GNCCYZ400

Posted January 22, 2001 - 02:56 PM

I have been using a Motion Pro for over a year. The stocker only lasted about 6 months.
I run Hare Scrambles in the mud and muck (very hard on the cables) and mine hasn't started to fray at the carb like the stocker.
I wouldn't buy any other brand!!
Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Jeff

------------------

'98 YZ400F
'01 YZ250F
'98 CBR600F3

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 22, 2001 - 05:44 PM

I just replaced mine with an OEM about 3 weeks ago. It was about $36. My old one was attached by only one strand. The only reason I picked an OEM was that they had one in stock. FWIW, the old one lasted about a year and a half of riding at least every weekend. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Rich

• Scott

Posted January 23, 2001 - 06:48 AM

OK, thanks. I think I'm going to go with the Motion Pro. I've heard good things about that brand.

------------------
99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.