XR's only pipe

12 replies to this topic
  • bane

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:05 AM

Looking for a pic of an xr's only pipe on a XR650L. I'm trying to find one that doesn't stick out to the rear so much. I had a big gun r before and of course don't want to go that route again!

Seems the xr's is the way to go. But i'd like to actually see it on the bike before I buy.

• Billahjack

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:40 PM

Have you checked out the White Brothers E-Series? I think it looks decent. You can search for threads on it.

• desert4seat

Posted May 29, 2007 - 07:23 PM

hope this helps...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

click to enlarge:
Posted Image

• bane

Posted May 30, 2007 - 04:07 AM

Yes... Thank you! I've been looking for a while now for a good pic.

I went ahead and ordered it last night, but now I'm glad I did!

You're bike looks sweet btw... Nice job on that rear fender.

• goblin127

Posted May 30, 2007 - 04:43 AM

Nice ride,I have the oval pipe and it looks alot diff. Sorry no pics.

• bane

Posted May 30, 2007 - 12:13 PM

I didn't notice that before... but the oval is what i ordered also. Guess I'll see when it comes in.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Whiteman

Posted May 30, 2007 - 12:21 PM

The oval looks better IMO. I have some pictures at home. I will post them for you later tonight. When you get the pipe take it apart and check for loose packing in the pipe. I have had two that came with loose packing and it clogged the pipe on the first one. The insert causes the bike to run a little hot so make sure you get your jetting down because it will burn the sticker right off the pipe and leave a nasty burn mark on your pipe. I am still playing with my jetting but should have something worked out by this weekend so I will let you know.

• Whiteman

Posted June 02, 2007 - 09:44 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

• bane

Posted June 03, 2007 - 06:09 PM

Thanks! That looks great

It seems a little discolored, like it got hot... Is that just the pic?

• Whiteman

Posted June 03, 2007 - 06:15 PM

No, it got hot. The quite core insert will cause the end to get hot. If you use a insert I would take the sticker off or they can send you a metal replacement. I will be putting the metal one on because the pipe is way to loud without the insert.

• bane

Posted June 03, 2007 - 06:42 PM

Ok... thanks again for the info.

Let me know what you end up with on the jetting. I was at 58/160 using the standard jets and shimmed needle with a Big Gun R pipe before. I figure this one will be the same since the Big Gun was really loud also.

I plan on using the quiet insert this time around though.

• desert4seat

Posted June 04, 2007 - 07:25 PM

Well, the thing is… The XRs Only Pipe comes with a main jet… I forgot what it was, but it’s was a tad rich for my bike (but I still used it). The bad news about the pipe is that it WILL NOT mate to the stock header. The collector (or part where the pipe connects to the header) is a larger diameter. I had to make a “special” adapter (long story) to make the stock header work with the XR”s only pipe. I plan on buying the XR’s only header on day, but for now it works (and no vibration either).

• bane

Posted June 05, 2007 - 12:36 PM

Yep... they sold me a $10 gasket to fix that problem when I ordered it!

Well, I should have it installed this coming weekend... I have a few jets to try, so I'll let ya know how it turns out.

thanks again

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.