I roda a CR450f this weekend...

10 replies to this topic
  • XRYoda

Posted May 28, 2007 - 11:14 AM

I rode aCRF450f off road this weekend. My usuall bike is an 06' WR450 and I must say, the front end of CRF (even with its motocross suspention) was as planted and nimble as I could ever want. My WR is pretty much set up as good as I can get it for steering/traction up front, but it turns like a tractor compared to the Honda. How is the front end of the new 07'WR compared to the Honda or the 06' WR's? Because I tell ya, I fell in love with that Honda. I want to stick with WR's and love the motor and its reliability, but the Honda (I would get a CRX, not CRF as I am an off road guy) was a pretty sweet bike and would get one when it is time to get a new bike.

Yoda'

• gearb0x

Posted May 28, 2007 - 05:21 PM

Find a mate with an 07 and try it :)

The front end seems much better (but it might just be me or the handle bars)

• fdubaaron

Posted May 28, 2007 - 05:45 PM

My ex-father-in-law has a 99 WR400 and had issues with his front end sticking in fast turns, it kept wanting to jump over the outside of the berm (when one existed). A more aggressive front tire was the answer. Not sure what terrain type you're riding in but you may want to get a different tire when it's time to replace the one you've got now.

• XRYoda

Posted May 28, 2007 - 06:04 PM

I have tried different tires and have found a great one. It made a big improvement in traction. I have Had the forks revalved, tried different fork levels in the triple clamps and have it working as good as it is going to get. I have a feeling the the CRF is at the top of the heap as far as front ends go. I'm just hoping that the 07's are close to the Hondas. Hopefully I will get a chance to ride one sometime. Dont get me wrong, my 06' is a great bike. I jsut want one with a great front end.

Yoda'

• Longtimeyamahaguy

Posted May 28, 2007 - 07:30 PM

A WR to a CRF is kinda like apples n oranges. Keep in mind that the motocrossers are lighter than the woods models and probally have a steeper rake angle which will give a lighter feel and quicker turning.......... just my .02

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRYoda

Posted May 28, 2007 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, the CRF is lighter, but I'd bet the CR450x feels pretty close...

• turbojedi

Posted May 28, 2007 - 08:06 PM

I have an X an R and a wr450 07. The X and R are two totally different bikes. the x s a lot heavier feeling. The WR and the R honda are actually closer together in handling IMO. I still think the WR is the baddest bike out right now.

• XRYoda

Posted May 28, 2007 - 09:14 PM

Thanks Turbo, that is the response that I was looking for. If the 07' WR is even close to the CRF, that will be the bike for me.

Yoda'

• turbojedi

Posted May 29, 2007 - 05:39 AM

Dont get me wrong th wr and the r honda are two diff bikes totally. The wr is closest to it though. A lot lighter feeling than any of the other trail bikes. I can include the new KFX in that too. The crfr is still the most powerful motor out there i think, but the wr is way more usable. Overall when you ride the wr it just feels right.

• turbojedi

Posted May 29, 2007 - 05:43 AM

I also had a 2006 wr. it is a pig compared to the 07. Im with you I could never get my font end right. The 07 you just point and shoot.

• XRYoda

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:00 AM

"it is a pig compared to the 07" Perfect. that is all I needed to hear. Glad to hear that it is better than the kxf, too. Thanks turbo.

Yoda'

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.