Wr400 Rear Shocker!

3 replies to this topic
  • DEANO 23

Posted May 27, 2007 - 08:22 PM

Hi , new guy needs a little help here! The rear end on my 98 wr 400 is all spring ! Its like riding a horse! Any mods or setup tips would be appreciated thanks,

• Birdy426

Posted May 27, 2007 - 11:23 PM

Is there any oil left in the shock? Try setting the sag properly, then increasingthe damping using the adjustments on the shock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted May 28, 2007 - 05:55 AM

[COLOR="Green"]If you fill the rear shock with 90w gear oil it should slow it down a little[/COLOR]

• DEANO 23

Posted May 28, 2007 - 09:16 PM

Thanks I will check and try your suggestions this thing hasnt seen the light of day since 99 so I have lots of bits "n" pieces to sort , that said 8 years a basic service and fired up 1st...... well maybe 5th kick not bad!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.