1987 XL600R - RPMs Hang

1 reply to this topic
  • CJB_808

Posted May 27, 2007 - 01:54 PM

I just picked up a 1987 XL600 which is in nice original condition. It runs great, but when I blip the throttle the RPMs will "hang" a bit, sometimes more than others. For example, if at idle I rev it a bit, it may stick at say 2000 RPM until I blip it again. Sometimes it will hang higher than that, sometimes not.

I took off the seat, tank, and airbox today to check the obvious stuff: the throttle linkage is fine and does not bind, both carb slides are free and drop back closed when the throttle is released, and there no air leaks. The throttle cable adjustment looks good with a little slack as expected.

Anyone experience this? Any help would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • danny v

Posted December 27, 2007 - 06:42 PM

I have the same issue with my 1998 XR 600 R. Did you get the answer i just saw this thread today 12 - 27 - 07. Maybe to late

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.