Little Desert Tank Mod Cheap and Easy

4 replies to this topic
  • clutchless

Posted May 26, 2007 - 04:02 PM

Didn't like the new routing of my gas line from my IMS tank to the carb.

So added Reflect-A-Sleeve. The 1/2" works great.

Adds a little bling as well.

Posted Image

• MaxPower

Posted May 27, 2007 - 03:44 AM

[COLOR="Green"]that is the first time I have seen that sleeve
Who sell that?[/COLOR]

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clutchless

Posted May 27, 2007 - 08:18 AM

http://www.heatshiel...ield_sleeve.php

• DesertRacer2

Posted May 28, 2007 - 04:37 PM

I had a problem with turning the petcock on my bike once I installed my IMS tank. I went down to my local shop and bought an 05 YZ450 petcock which has the out let facing to the right of the bike. Bolts right up and is totally worth the $20.

• clutchless

Posted May 29, 2007 - 09:08 AM

I had a problem with turning the petcock on my bike once I installed my IMS tank. I went down to my local shop and bought an 05 YZ450 petcock which has the out let facing to the right of the bike. Bolts right up and is totally worth the $20.

I was thinking of getting a WR petcock so i had a reserve. Maybe i will get the 05 WR petcock.

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't stoked on how the petcock was positioned on the IMS tank at all.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.