WR Suspension gives out easy. Springs maybe?

4 replies to this topic

Posted May 26, 2007 - 11:50 AM

I found a good jump in my mom's yard of all places. Its funny because she is surrounded by 80 acres of farmland. I tested the water and only got about 4 feet off the ground the first time I hit it and MAN did it bottom. Do springs really make a big difference or do you need to have the total make-over? I've only raced quads before and I just bought new shocks since the older one's weren't rebuildable or I gained inches of travel by just getting new one's. I also decided atving wasn't for me when I couldn't afford it anymore. I thought springs were like $100 for the fronts and the same for the back. Would that take care of a lot of it?

• postalrider

Posted May 26, 2007 - 08:06 PM

AT 240LBS I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM,i went to suspension plus in e town ,billy recommended a 6.2 for the rear stock is 5.2 i think, and 48 kgs on the front i also did a oil change on the rear ,this was money well spent ,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted May 27, 2007 - 07:02 AM

What did it cost. Thats about 3 hours for me but I'd make the trip.

• deblaw2232

Posted May 27, 2007 - 01:43 PM

Shocks can make a big difference--I switched out my rear one. There's a chart online that you look at the get the right one for your weight. I forget the site off hand.

• Anthony CRF450

Posted May 27, 2007 - 06:16 PM

is it hard to change the rear shock? how do i get to it??

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.