Fire Thrower 07 450???

2 replies to this topic
  • Whyzee429

Posted May 26, 2007 - 11:43 AM

This is a new bike...and my first 4-stroke. I put a PMB endcap on because I'm going to need a S/A. The screen stays out until I need it though. My question is; when I put the cap on my bike, it seems to pop and crack more while revving it. I've been doing some night races and a flame shoots out the back pretty frequently. It does look pretty awesome, but I would much rather have my bike running I'm hoping that it's just the fuel screw, but any help would be appreciated.

07 yz450f.... Everything Stock so far
91 octane

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted May 26, 2007 - 11:54 AM

It is running too lean. If it is popping when you are 1/2 throttle to wide open. then you need to richen your mauin jet. If it is popping at low RPMs and on deceleration then you need to richen your fuel screw or pilot jet (if your fuel screw is too far out then go bigger with your pilot and turn your fuels screw back in).

• neevothespaniel

Posted May 26, 2007 - 03:13 PM

I know there must be a step by step guide on how and when to adjust your fuel screw and jetting on here somewhere. I looked the other day but couldn't find it.

Could someone post a link?

Edit: Forget that, I got off my fat arse and looked in the FAQ at the top of the YZ450 section. Heaps of useful info there!

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.