15 Tooth Front Sprocket Wanted

6 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 25, 2007 - 05:52 PM

Does anyone have a Yamaha part number for a 15 front tooth sprocket for my 06 WR450? Im planning on doing some highway driving this summer and want to lower the rpm's a bit, does Yamaha make one?

• MaxPower

Posted May 25, 2007 - 06:38 PM

[COLOR="Green"]do you specifically want a OEM Yamaha?
I havent installed it yet, but I have a 16t for road riding[/COLOR]

• MountainMax

Posted May 26, 2007 - 06:30 AM

WoW, that' a big jump, i was gonna go one bigger up front and i already went two smaller on the rear, was gonna see how that worked out. It don't need to be yamaha but it's the easiest for me to get here if it's available.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted May 26, 2007 - 09:40 AM

WoW, that' a big jump, i was gonna go one bigger up front and i already went two smaller on the rear, was gonna see how that worked out. It don't need to be yamaha but it's the easiest for me to get here if it's available.

The dealer should be able to get you a JT or Sunstar 16 tooth front just as easily as Yamaha oem. The JT will be the less pricey, about 16.99 Canadian.
I had one but just sold it with my bike. I also had a 45 tooth rear.
With that gearing I know it would do over 100 mph. I had it up to mid 90's and it was still pulling strong but with knobies and the fact that I felt like a sheet of plywood in the wind, I backed off. It would run nicley at 65 mph.
I went back down to 13 / 50 for single track and never went back.
Too bad I let it go with the bike I would have sold them to you cheap.
They were in great shape.

• haskell

Posted May 26, 2007 - 08:37 PM

yamaha 15T #9383E-15082
Has a vulcanized rubber ring to quiet and smooth the chain movement, zero runout, very good sprocket
only way to go on a dual-sport
I run a 15/46 with a rekluse clutch, will cruise at 65mph and still gets through a rocky uphill single track
Have a great ride
Haskell in Idaho

• MountainMax

Posted May 27, 2007 - 10:20 AM

Thanks man, i'll order one tomorrow from my nearest dealer.

• MountainMax

Posted May 29, 2007 - 12:11 PM

Thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.