Re: Passenger Footpegs

10 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 25, 2007 - 05:47 PM

Hey guys, I want some passenger foot pegs for my 06 WR to carry my daughter and Little Woman for a scattered ride. I have searched the forums on this subject and could not find much, some made KTM ones fit, others used four stroke dot com clamp on ones, but other then that NOTHING. My buddy has an XR650 and his bolt on to his sub frame, I was looking for something like this also maybe, what's out there?

• j d

Posted May 26, 2007 - 12:22 AM

I fitted some that clamp on to the swingarm to show my girlie the sights. Works ok. Pretty much any bike shop sell them here in Aus.

• MountainMax

Posted May 26, 2007 - 06:28 AM

that would be a quick fix i guess, anyone know if they are here in canada? that fourstrokeonly website still haven't returned my emails either

• Bamster

Posted May 26, 2007 - 09:47 AM

Motovan has some clamp on but not sure if they would be big enough.
http://www.motovan.com/index_en.html

• xrmarty

Posted May 26, 2007 - 10:07 PM

I fitted some that clamp on to the swingarm to show my girlie the sights. Works ok. Pretty much any bike shop sell them here in Aus.

Footpegs on the swing arm?:) That has to be a hellova ride for the passanger.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ADVnaut

Posted May 26, 2007 - 10:16 PM

I remember coming across this last year. A guy mounted pegs to his subframe that swing up out of the way while not in use. I think they came off a smaller c.c. XR or similar. I will look around and try to find it again. It may have been on SMJunkie or here, I don't recall.

EDIT: I found it but he has taken down the pic. They came off a XR250L and mount on the sub frame.

PM Simon@Vic, he is the guy that did the mod.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=355592

• j d

Posted May 27, 2007 - 02:57 AM

Footpegs on the swing arm?:) That has to be a hellova ride for the passanger.

Relax big fella. Precious cargo onboard. I only go slow anyway.
Feel free to try other options, I was merely sharing what worked for us.

• MountainMax

Posted May 27, 2007 - 10:20 AM

and usualy when carrying a passenger im on the pavement only..... Lots of older dual sport bikes had them on the swingarms...........

• eissinger4

Posted May 28, 2007 - 02:53 AM

that fourstrokeonly website still haven't returned my emails either

What's with these guys?? I have tried to buy stuff from them several times, and they don't answer their phones or emails- Are they still in business or what??

• bageera

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:20 AM

Dave here from Cambodia. When I set up my new 04' WR450 I bought a set of passenger pegs from Baja Designs. Had a previous set on my XR400r that were good so I carried over the theme. They had a bracket that bolted onto my sub-frame and hung the folding foot pegs perfect. Check them out.

• shifty450

Posted May 29, 2007 - 01:17 PM

I bought some last year from a guy on here. They have a bracket or whatever that gets welded to the subrame and you bolt them on from there. Theyr'e awesome. I saw the ones that clamped onto the swing arm but that seems a little iffy to me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.