What did everyone pay OTD for the 2007 WR450?

19 replies to this topic
  • IHScoutII

Posted May 24, 2007 - 10:06 PM

So how much did everyone spend on the 2007 WR 450, OTD?

Also, has anyone ridden theres in really tight, nasty single track? Im wondering how they do, are they easy to stall or do they keep on chugging?

• KennyMc

Posted May 24, 2007 - 10:21 PM

I picked mine up last weekend. I paid $6,299 OTD at Hahm Motorsports in Anaheim, CA. They had placed an ad in the cycle trader. I dropped it off today to get all of the goddies installed (removed) so I hope to ride it for the first time this weekend.

• FastRides

Posted May 24, 2007 - 10:45 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=504043

• IHScoutII

Posted May 24, 2007 - 11:34 PM

Ok, how about the tight trail ability? Will this thing chug at a low rpm without stalling?

• marty b

Posted May 27, 2007 - 12:07 PM

9000 otd in canada wasent to good out of the box after a fes mods it runs as fast as i want it to

• snaggletooth

Posted May 28, 2007 - 11:30 PM

Kenshaw,
Looks like you have broke the record on the OTD price here in So Ca. The best deal seemed to be OTD motor sports for $6,600, at least untill now. Good job on your barganing skills!

BTW, I paid $6,800 for my from a smaller shop in SBD county. I felt the extra $200 I paid was worth going local but $6,299 would have been worth the drive! S/T

• KennyMc

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:27 AM

S/T - I was surprised at the price as well. I figured it would be one of those deals that when you get to the dealer they say the bike is sold. The lowest price I had previously seen was $6,499 OTD at LA Yamaha n the same Cycle Trader mag. I was prepared to use that as a matching point but to my surprise I didn't have to.

Rode it this weekend up in Big Bear and it was awesome. Love that green sticker...Ken

• yamahead01

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:37 AM

Just Picked Mine Up Thursday My Local Dealer Matched Otd Cycles Price At 6500 First Ride Will Be Saturday

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 29, 2007 - 11:43 AM

$7,300 OTD in WA State / in March.....

The older WR's all came with 14/50 gearing and I found that too tall for tight, technical single track so I always swapped out to a 13T C/S and they worked well.

My 07' came with 13/50 gearing and it's too tall as well, I have been giving the clutch a workout to ride 2nd and 3rd gear tight stuff. (something was obviously done in the tranny gearing for 07') anyway, I bought 12T C/S sprocket but have not mounted it yet, I have a high speed race on the calendar this weekend but will likely change it out next week and see how I like it....

• Koko Azuela

Posted May 29, 2007 - 11:54 AM

Maybe a dumb question guys, but i live in MX, do you guys make a down payment, if you do, how much? and how much are the monthly payments and for how many years??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ccoates445

Posted May 30, 2007 - 01:17 PM

Bought 2 in Scottsdale for $6200.00 each OTD. A great way to get your 16 year old son to do stuff with the old man. The did all the free mods for me too. Great dealer. :thumbsup: I think the big rebates they have been using go away tomorrow. :)

• erickdj

Posted May 30, 2007 - 02:26 PM

$6699 OTD at Merced Powersports last night. Most local dealers don't want to give in to the lower price here in the central valley. I drove 30 miles to pick it up. My local dealer downtown wanted $6899 OTD, and that was after negotiating with them via e-mail for 2 days. Another dealer 30 miles north from me wanted $7099 OTD. Screw them, the one that matched OTD cyclesports got my business.

• erickdj

Posted May 30, 2007 - 02:32 PM

Maybe a dumb question guys, but i live in MX, do you guys make a down payment, if you do, how much? and how much are the monthly payments and for how many years??

Usualmente no damos enganche por una moto a ese precio. Pero cuando se llega a dar un enganche es como minimo un 10% del valor total del vehiculo. Yo compre una ayer, por $6699, la pague al contado con un cheque. Si miras en el website de yamaha alli veras las promociones mas recientes, creo que he visto planes de financiamiento por 2 o 3 años. ¿en que parte de mexico vives? Yo vivia en Baja California, y con el tiempo tengo pensado ir a recorrer los caminos de la Baja 1000 comenzando en Ensenada.

Erick.

• Koko Azuela

Posted May 31, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Usualmente no damos enganche por una moto a ese precio. Pero cuando se llega a dar un enganche es como minimo un 10% del valor total del vehiculo. Yo compre una ayer, por $6699, la pague al contado con un cheque. Si miras en el website de yamaha alli veras las promociones mas recientes, creo que he visto planes de financiamiento por 2 o 3 años. ¿en que parte de mexico vives? Yo vivia en Baja California, y con el tiempo tengo pensado ir a recorrer los caminos de la Baja 1000 comenzando en Ensenada.

Erick.

Que tal Erick, que curioso, vivo en Ensenada, acabo de vender mi WR450 2003 y estoy queriendo comprar la 2007... gracias por la información..

• erickdj

Posted May 31, 2007 - 10:19 AM

Que tal Erick, que curioso, vivo en Ensenada, acabo de vender mi WR450 2003 y estoy queriendo comprar la 2007... gracias por la información..

Hola Koko,

¿vas a comprar la wr en el lado mexicano o en los US? Si la compras en este lado no te dejes que te la vendan mas cara de los precios que has visto aqui en el foro. En el area de San Diego debe haber muchos distribuidores de yamaha, solo tendras que hacer unas cuantas llamadas a ver cual esta dispuesto a venderla barata. Quiza hasta la puedas agarrar mas barata por ser comprador de fuera del estado, los compradores de fuera usualmente no pagan impuestos de compra, a ver si los puedes convencer de eso. ya que la compres asegurate de quitarle las restricciones que trae de fabrica. Ayer probe la moto as como viene de fabrica y pude sentir lo restringida que esta :thumbsup: :ride: :) . Cuando comienzas a acelerarla se siente la fuerza, pero se le acaba rapido, es urgente hacerle las modificaciones necesarias. Cuenta como te va cuando consigas tu 2007. Yo vendi una TTR-250 este lunes, y al dia siguiente compre la WR.:ride:

Erick.

• Michigan DS

Posted May 31, 2007 - 06:21 PM

$5939.00 plus tax. A friend and I each bought one today from East Toledo Honda/Yamaha. Since they are in Ohio and we live in Michigan there was no tax paid (we'll have to do that in MI). Anyway, they were easy to deal with, straight shooters and had everything ready when we got there..No surprises.
I haven't ridden a dirt bike in 20 years and cannot wait to do the mods, plate it and hit all the old trails. The closest any of the dealers in South East MI came was $6400 plus plus.

• dendog69

Posted May 31, 2007 - 11:00 PM

$8900cdn out the door tax in. I looked for a better deal, but these bikes are flying out of the stores (or so I'm told)

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 01, 2007 - 10:14 AM

$8900cdn out the door tax in. I looked for a better deal, but these bikes are flying out of the stores (or so I'm told)

What is it with Canada and bike prices

I am selling my 04' on CL and when I looked at used bike prices in BC I almost fainted... :) It's a good bike and I'm asking $4300 but in BC I bet I could get $1k+ or more for it :thumbsup:

• dendog69

Posted June 01, 2007 - 01:53 PM

You'd probably do well on your bike right now 'cause the cdn$ is high ($0.94 us). A few years ago when Honda brought out the CRF450, the dollar was low, so Americans were coming up to buy bikes instead of selling them.

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 01, 2007 - 02:02 PM

You'd probably do well on your bike right now 'cause the cdn$ is high ($0.94 us). A few years ago when Honda brought out the CRF450, the dollar was low, so Americans were coming up to buy bikes instead of selling them.

Yeah but even with .06 on the dollar thats only $60 for every $1000.... the bike prices up there, atleast in the Vancouver area are outrageously high when compared to US prices.

I know what your saying though, when I bought my 04' new, I bought it BC and saved about $800...:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.