HSR48 Mikuni on XRL

5 replies to this topic
  • crmc33

Posted May 24, 2007 - 11:56 AM

Little bit Off Topic but heres some pics of my 675 track day bike with its latest addition, lenthened inlet tract with HSR48 flatslide. Runs so well without the pumper I dont really think it needs it. Will give it a go at some stage.:ride:
No loss in midrange power but a healthy 10% increase form last year, now upto 55HP (rear wheel)
Needs a better ignition to let it rev... Anyone got any ideas? :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

• mgs781

Posted May 24, 2007 - 12:01 PM

Little bit Off Topic but heres some pics of my 675 track day bike with its latest addition, lenthened inlet tract with HSR48 flatslide. Runs so well without the pumper I dont really think it needs it. Will give it a go at some stage.:ride:
No loss in midrange power but a healthy 10% increase form last year, now upto 55HP (rear wheel)
Needs a better ignition to let it rev... Anyone got any ideas? :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beautiful, more picture please. Very professional, how fast does it go?

I had mine at 99.1 mph on the way to work.

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=13913

MGS

• XR650L_Dave

Posted May 24, 2007 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, for more oomph get an XR600R CDI on there, its supposed to have a much more aggressive advance curve.

You just need to put on a 600R stator and ditch the Estart, or make 250V 400-600Hz from +12V.

Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crmc33

Posted May 24, 2007 - 02:28 PM

Theres no electric start or kick! Push start only.
Im seriously thinking about buying a performance XR600 CDI from Ricks' in the Us for $60.
My question is if I put on a XR600 stator and regulator, will I also need a XR flywheel or would my XRL flywheel work. The flywheels are stupidly expensive to buy new.

More pics and data at http://motopike.com/Supermono.html.
Dyno curve shown is for the engine before the latest mods (XBR500 head and HSR48).

How quick is it? It need a bit more extra top end power ideally but makes up for it through the corners. The hardest bit of riding it hard is the engine compression under braking. It gets a little bit squirrely at the back!
Im aiming for 60HP. This shoudl be enough to pull 130-135 with the right gearing at fast tracks.

The best bit of the bike is the sound ;o). Its currently only just race legal at 105db. I didnt build it to make it the fastest supermono on the planet. Just something different to take on track days. Life is too easy on GSXR/YZF/ZXR's

If anyone needs any tuning info just send me a pm. Ive owned the bike for ten years (built from scratch) so I know it inside out! :)

• CTXr650L

Posted May 24, 2007 - 05:52 PM

Now that is amazingly cool :) :bonk: just out of curiosity, what sort of compression are you running?:ride:

• crmc33

Posted May 25, 2007 - 01:03 AM

The compression is around 11.5:1 approx.
(102.4mm piston with XBR500 small dome head). Ive not gone any higher for ease of starting.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.