Forms for registring your WR

3 replies to this topic
  • jamracing

Posted February 11, 2002 - 05:25 AM

Hey guys,
I'm about to send my Vermont forms off, but would like clarification on exactly what papers (MSO, receipts, etc...) I should supply with the DMV form. Also, I bought it new, so I paid sales tax (Florida).

• finglan

Posted February 11, 2002 - 06:13 AM

Certificate of origin, bill of sale ( shows tax paid ) Vin verification, a check, the VT reg. form , the Florida title and registration card if you registered it in FL.

I did mine through VT and transferred it to NY. I got my NY "Motorcycle" title a few weeks ago, so my bike is offically a legal motorcycle in NY. It is a beautiful thing. Good luck and be patient.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 11, 2002 - 07:51 AM

So Josh, you're gonna break down and put a tag on your bike. I'd have never believed it unless I read it with my own eyes.

It's really not a bad idea. A group of us were riding in Ocala recently were stopped by forest rangers. 3 guys got ticketed for riding on the numbered roads without tags to the tune of $75 each. They were told that they were lucky because he could have nailed them for $250. Yesterday we were stopped but everyone had tags. The ranger told us to "Have a nice day." Big difference.

And now you can start accessorizing from the Gold Wing catalog. :)

• jamracing

Posted February 11, 2002 - 09:34 AM

Actually, the only reason I'm tagging it is to wreak havoc during Bike Week :)
Last year I tooled around with my YZ400, and the year before that it was with my KX250 (I have a spare EX-250 title/tag floating around). Two New Jersey guys were so amused by it, they gave me two comp tickets to the Daytona 200!
Thanks guys!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.