wr 450 big bore ?????????

7 replies to this topic
  • 450wr-rider

Posted May 23, 2007 - 09:33 PM

anybody done a 450 bigbore yet , whatever the company they use. tell me what you think, ive got a 2004 wr450 full set of hotcams performance jetted and yoshi pipe , thinkin of doin a big bore--------any help

• eissinger4

Posted May 24, 2007 - 02:32 AM

Just out of morbid curiosity; why would you want to big bore a WR450?? Not enough power? I've never heard of anyone wanting to do that, so I was just wondering-

• 450wr-rider

Posted May 24, 2007 - 11:58 AM

ego thing , my friends have yzf's and i must make mine the baddest---all about ego

• xrmarty

Posted May 24, 2007 - 08:33 PM

Just out of morbid curiosity; why would you want to big bore a WR450?? Not enough power? I've never heard of anyone wanting to do that, so I was just wondering-

I know a guy who's talking about getting a big bore kit for his CRF450R. I had the same thought going through my head: why would you want anymore power? Those bikes rip like there is no tomorrow with a simple rejet job and a decent exhaust.

I know personally two guys who up-bored there bikes. One was an old steamer XR350 and the other was a EXC 525 bored out to a (I believe 545cc). The bikes ran really well and had lots of torque. However, they both sound really clunky, like they're about to explode. The engine noise on those bikes was incredible! They're still running and operational though! Go figure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted May 25, 2007 - 09:07 PM

I can't speak to the 450, but I can tell you my experience taking a 426 out to 444...It also had hotcams, pipe, jet kit (JD) and a high compression piston. With the stock bore, the hotcams made the motor a bit more "hyper" in the mid to big end, and made it rev a whole lot quicker. The 444 kit kinda slowed that down a bit...it revs more like the stocker now, but with a boat load more of everything across the powerband. I went up a tooth on the countershaft sprocket to make first gear usable again! Befre that, it would break loose if I just barely cracked the throttle.
I used a Luke's racing kit on my bike. Great kit at a great price. I've also used Athena and Eric Gorr on big bore kits for pingers, and have good thinkgs to say about them as well.

• 450wr-rider

Posted May 26, 2007 - 08:10 AM

cool thx guys i appreciate it.

• LimyWPom

Posted May 26, 2007 - 06:16 PM

Indy went up to a 490 I thought the idea was more bottom end their supposed to be easier to ride all be it with more engine braking. Mcmountainman will probably be able to shed some more light on it.

• postalrider

Posted May 26, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Never Enuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.