Works Connection Radiator guards

18 replies to this topic
  • TyeeHusky

Posted May 23, 2007 - 08:33 PM

Just installed works Connection Radiator Guards on my 07 450.

took about 90 minutes total and I took my time doing it. Went together with no problems and directions were great. No suprises.

They are very strong and should protect against crashes.

• xrmarty

Posted May 23, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Those are the once I'm thinking of getting Can you take a few pictures even though I know what they look like. There is nothing like seeing a cool mod:applause:

• TyeeHusky

Posted May 24, 2007 - 05:59 AM

I would but the bike is back together and there is nothing to see. You do not even know they are there. Sure to protect the radiator from a crash.

I did not get the type that protect the front due to concern over reduced air flow through the radiator. With works connection you still use the stock louvers.

• DanielGalloway

Posted May 24, 2007 - 06:47 AM

Where did you purchase them?

Daniel

• TyeeHusky

Posted May 24, 2007 - 09:59 AM

I purchased them at RockymountainATVMC.com

They have a great mail and online catalog. By most my stuff through them. Order and 3 days later it is always at my door. No shipping fee on purchases of 100 bucks and no tax.

I recommend them.

As for pics, go to Works Connection web site. They show the installation but without stock louvers installed yet.

• msgbean

Posted May 24, 2007 - 11:33 AM

Does anyone know if they would interfere with an IMS 3.1 gal tank?

• DanielGalloway

Posted May 24, 2007 - 11:40 AM

Just ordered a set. I've been looking for a brace/guard, but didn't see those on their website somehow, thanks for the information.

Daniel

• DanielGalloway

Posted May 24, 2007 - 01:06 PM

After my order from Rocky Mountain, I got an email from customer service with a note that it will only fit the stock tank. You should probably give them a call if you are interested in buying one.

Daniel

• xrmarty

Posted May 24, 2007 - 08:22 PM

After my order from Rocky Mountain, I got an email from customer service with a note that it will only fit the stock tank. You should probably give them a call if you are interested in buying one.

Daniel

thanks for posting that. I've never considered that a tank might be in the way of installation. I got the 3.1 IMS myself.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • msgbean

Posted May 30, 2007 - 09:17 AM

Daniel

I just got off the phone with IMS and they said they have not tried thier 3.1 gal tank on an 07 with the Works Connection cages but they have sold the tank to two people that did have the cages already and they have not heard any complaints from them that it didn't fit.

• DanielGalloway

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:54 PM

Just a follow up note, I bent the left side brace the first time I laid my bike down, it was an easy get off too. I was a little disappointed in the WC braces, but I'm doing my best to straighten the bent one out and have bought a set of MSR radiator guards to install on the front of the radiator to help. I've seen a bike with both the MSR guards and the WC braces mounted, and it forms a very solid triangle to protect the radiator.

Daniel

• WReckless

Posted July 31, 2007 - 02:09 PM

yes they do form what i had to go through with my ims tank i'm being told they are pretty much useless now would not protect the radiators

• WGP

Posted July 31, 2007 - 02:14 PM

The Works Connection braces are OK, mine have protected my rads for a couple years but I don't fall down that much. My friends wife WR has smashed both rads and crumpled both WC braces:eek:
I had to modify mine on the right side with the Ascerbis tank (05WR) had to cut off a portion with a dremel tool.

• Paradiddle

Posted July 31, 2007 - 04:16 PM

Here ya go...pix on page 2, both GYT-R and Works Connection.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=459440

Lynn

• MxnDoc

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:21 PM

I have a '03 WR with a 3.1 Gallon IMS tank and the Works braces would NOT adapt! I bought the Flatland braces from the TT Store and have taken a few falls with absolutely NO damage to the radiators. I'm sold on these braces for my year model. Ask anyone who has had to purchase a radiator (1 per side) and they will certainly tell you to buy the best brace you can afford as these radiators cost upward of $330.00. Ouch$$

• 3strokemoe

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:31 PM

The Works Connection braces fit fine with the IMS 3.1 on the '07 YZ.
I installed both at the same time a few months ago...no problems with the install.

• Thermos O flask

Posted August 01, 2007 - 03:48 AM

The works connection guards are as weak as piss if you lay the bike down in the wrong way,i even have front rad guards working with the WC ones and on a gentle slope the rad bent and twisted :cry: ,the best i'v seen are B&B alloy guards(aussie company).They even have side flutes to direct air into the core and have side and back bracing.

• MaxPower

Posted August 04, 2007 - 04:20 AM

[COLOR="Green"]the Works Connection braces I have for my 04 WR are feable and were a waist of money[/COLOR]

• msgbean

Posted August 06, 2007 - 06:44 AM

I think most of you are talking about the Works Connection braces for the 06 and older WRs and I agree they weren't very strong. But the Works Connection braces for the 07 are completley different and much stronger.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.