Changed gearing on the XRR.

1 reply to this topic
  • Miguel159

Posted May 23, 2007 - 06:58 PM

I just changed out the stock 48t rear sprocket for a 45t :bonk: . Holy crap she rips now. Now she pulls an easy 85kmh in 3rd and can cruise at a smooth 110 kmh in 5th. What a change from stock. She'll still wheelie with a crack of the throttle too, which is nice :ride: I left the stock 14t c/s as I have a case saver. I couldn't imagine this bike with 15/45. I'd recommend this change to anyone with a D/S'd XRR :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maroast

Posted May 23, 2007 - 10:29 PM

A temporary life change has me riding the XRR MOSTLY on road and I just changed the gearing..... I have a 15X45 set up and love it!

I was scared I would loose my wheelie ability...but the ol' girl has no problem at all lifting the front by simply rolling on the throttle @45mph:thumbsup:

The first day I put the gearing on I was sitting @ a light and two crotch rockets pulled up behind me...they pulled around and opened it up...I jumped on one dudes rear wheel and was so surprised to find another gear once I hit about 90mph!!! With the stock gearing I would desperately be searching for another gear @ ~83mph...but there was no 6th gear there...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.