2002 WR426F....Opinions.

23 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted May 25, 2007 - 11:29 AM

I wouldn't pay $1000 for one that has been sitting brand new in a crate for the past 4-5 years.

I'll take 10 at that price!! My 426 kicks like a mule in the mid-range!!

• hoellc

Posted May 25, 2007 - 01:01 PM

I've got a WR426 and agree with byggd, lots of midrange, runs strong. My buddy just got an 03 crf 450 with a hotcam stage 2 in it and it may have a hair more power than my wr but it's really close between them. I doubt you feel that the bike was slow. I love mine for trail riding. It's like a tractor, I haven't ridden off road in nearly 15 years and it's definitely not too much bike, I am about 6' 185 and fairly strong and have no trouble with`it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hempstead

Posted December 13, 2007 - 04:31 PM

ive ridden crf450r's wr450's and im planning on buying a wr426 ive ridden it hi comp piston yz cam (from 02) full drd and heck it seems fast it might be a little slower than a 450r but i cant afford one anyways

• matt4x4

Posted December 14, 2007 - 05:20 AM

hadn't ridden in 20 years, picked up a wr400 - at first, I though OMG! What did I do - 2 days of hard practicing later and totally retracted that comment.
Nothing but ear to ear grins!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.