How much to ask for mint 02 yz426?

12 replies to this topic
  • kounkel321

Posted May 23, 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hey guys i have a mint 2002 yz426...i just bought it 3 months ago when the motor was torn apart...i put a crank in it, stainless steel valves, wiseco piston, new cylinder, and new has a White Brothers pipe on it, a 450 cam, works connection on the fly clutch, stainless front brake line, frame guards, excel rims with new dunlop tires, motoxxx graphics and seat cover, tag2 bars, thing is very clean and runs awesome...its just too big for me and i dont know how much to sell it for...anyone that can help me please do...thanks...http://i183.photobuc...ackspics002.jpgPosted Image

• mikeylikesit

Posted May 24, 2007 - 07:02 AM

Kelly blue book is $2895 without mods. BTW nice bike.

• ISBB

Posted May 24, 2007 - 07:25 AM

Keep it you will not get anywhere close to what you put into it outta it. :) Grow into it and ride it.

• Yamahafan

Posted May 24, 2007 - 09:21 AM

$3000 if you are lucky.

• mxdude12

Posted May 24, 2007 - 09:48 AM

gimme gimme gimme:worthy:
nice bike dude!!! oh by the way... i'd give about $2700 for it

• never59

Posted May 24, 2007 - 11:58 AM

Really depends where you live? Not to mention a 6 year old dirt very old and outdated. Yamahas are now 450's and alumunim framed. They are still great great bikes but resale is not so hot. Looks and sounds like you put a lot of work into it but unfortunately you will probably take a bath on it if you sell it. I sold my 2002 last year with lots of goodies and decent shape for $2200 and i thought that was a fair price.
Blue book from a private seller is not $2895. That is what a dealer would sell it for used off the showroom floor. Kelly Blue Book trade in value is being more realistic if you ask me.
Texas market could be totally different than colorado though.

2002 Yamaha YZ426F
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $1920 Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in unit assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than you would receive from a private party sale because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business. Trade-in values are based on clean units in good condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 24, 2007 - 12:26 PM

KBB values are, in the first place a national average. Markets, which is to say, the interest local people have in a product, and the willingness to pay a given price for it will vary a lot.

It is absolutely not true that a private party should expect no more than Trade-in for their bike. That may be a local market reality, but the reason trade-in is low is because when a dealer takes a bike in trade, he needs to be able to buy for little enough that it can be sold for a profit after reconditioning costs. Otherwise, there is no practical reason that a dealer is entitled to sell a bike for any more than a private seller is.

Having said that, good luck trying to get $2800 for a 426.

• tys331

Posted May 24, 2007 - 01:04 PM

my uncle just sold an 02 426 that had quite a bit of mods on it for 2800 and it took him 6 months to get that for it. so it depends if your looking to get rid of the bike sooner rather then later. also remember that summer is an of season so that will affect the price. i would say ask around 2600

• kounkel321

Posted May 28, 2007 - 09:55 AM

well i paid $500 for the bike not running, and i bought parts from ebay and local dealer. New wiseco piston for $160, complete gasket set for $60, crankshaft for $70, cylinder head w/valves for $30 (guy thought valves were bent but valve cap was just stuck yeah i lucked out) and a cylinder for $79. So i have roughly $900 into this bike when its all said and done, so i turned out good just wondering when i sell it.

• MaxPower

Posted May 28, 2007 - 07:49 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Your bike is clean and not beat up

I call mint a bike that hadnt been ridden without the paint worn away,and the plastic shiney or the clutch cover isnt scratched.[/COLOR]

• yz_for_me

Posted May 28, 2007 - 11:11 PM

I tried for over a year to get $2500 for my very clean '01. No dice. I finally sold it for $2000 about 2 months ago.

Even as nice as it is, I'd say you would be doing very well to get $2500 for yours.

• jrny426

Posted May 29, 2007 - 06:12 AM

It may be a pain in the ass but these bikes are very desirable in Canada I paid 3100.00 Can for 02 which needed a tire a silencer new plastics,and I got a good deal I feel.

• berudd

Posted May 31, 2007 - 11:22 AM

Kelly blue book is $2895 without mods. BTW nice bike.

And I doubt you were ever get that for it.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.