What is up with these dealers??

12 replies to this topic
  • whylee

Posted May 22, 2007 - 08:10 PM

I posted awhile back that I was going to buy a new 650L from my local dealer. If you remember I have bought 5 Hondas in the past 3 years from this dealer and have never haggled over price.
Well last month they quoted me alittle over 6100.00 OTD cash. I tried to get it for 6000.00 cash and they would not go for it. So today after saving alittle more money I decided to go ahead and get it, I go in to the dealer and low and behold they now want 6300.00 OTD. :)
I remind them of the price they gave me 5 weeks ago but I guess they dont want my money. They just said they will still have them when I get the money together.
I may look at KLX's or DR's now.

• martinfan30

Posted May 22, 2007 - 08:32 PM

wow, that is b.s.

• witdogg

Posted May 22, 2007 - 08:38 PM

I posted awhile back that I was going to buy a new 650L from my local dealer. If you remember I have bought 5 Hondas in the past 3 years from this dealer and have never haggled over price.
Well last month they quoted me alittle over 6100.00 OTD cash. I tried to get it for 6000.00 cash and they would not go for it. So today after saving alittle more money I decided to go ahead and get it, I go in to the dealer and low and behold they now want 6300.00 OTD. :)
I remind them of the price they gave me 5 weeks ago but I guess they dont want my money. They just said they will still have them when I get the money together.

Bring your business somewhere else. That’s BS

• martinfan30

Posted May 22, 2007 - 08:43 PM

just curious as im in nevada also, which dealer?

• m25443

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:00 PM

Take a trip to Chattanooga, TN and pick up a 2007 XR650L for $5083, out the door price. Save $1200.

http://www.southernh...esc=Motorcycles

Mike

• tdamore

Posted May 22, 2007 - 10:35 PM

Thousand Oaks Honda in So Cal has a couple for $5600 OTD

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Manchu

Posted May 23, 2007 - 04:03 AM

Go buy one down the road then ride it on over to this azzhat and buy a key chain, or something. Just to prove the point that they're not the only ones with these bikes.

Fwiw, it was pretty much the same out in Washington state where I bought mine. The way they put it, 'Well, there's only a couple of these within a 100-mile radius. We don't get that many to begin with, and what we do get go like hotcakes.'

• eissinger4

Posted May 23, 2007 - 04:51 AM

just curious as im in nevada also, which dealer?

I have a feeling it's a rather crappy dealership in the Carson City area. Bets??

• whylee

Posted May 23, 2007 - 05:01 AM

I have a feeling it's a rather crappy dealership in the Carson City area. Bets??

I dont want to name names but thats the area the dealer is in.

• 07XR650L

Posted May 23, 2007 - 05:03 AM

I paid $6200 for my '07. The dealer knows he is the only one in the area so he sets his price and won't drop at all. The only thing he threw in free at that price was an oil filter. It's BS but I really wanted one, so I paid it.

• martinfan30

Posted May 23, 2007 - 07:07 AM

AHHH! much more clear now!!!!:) :ride: :bonk:

• Adamsvh67

Posted May 23, 2007 - 10:20 AM

If they would've done that to me I certainly would mention their name!! Hell, I'd probably send a link to my post to their service manager! Bad word-of-mouth advertising is very powerful. I'd make sure they knew I was pissed, and letting others know to shop elsewhere.
Just FYI, I paid 6142 OTD for mine in october. Best deal I could find in the state. Sure, there were lower prices elsewhere, but when travel expenses were added in... Although, if the place in TN will REALLY sell an L at 5083, that's a helluva deal.
AV

• Motosprtman

Posted May 24, 2007 - 09:53 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm - I wonder - if they don't like cash! and prefer that you finance it, some dealers do this - so they can really RAPE you. I bet if you go back next week with 6.200 cash the next price will be 6,500 and so on, they are playing games. Take your cash and take a drive to a reputable dealer and never ever got to the "other one" for anything - ever.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.