WR 450 counter sprocket

1 reply to this topic
  • Jwar1r1t3

Posted May 22, 2007 - 04:40 PM

I went out and got a 13 tooth to gear down for the tight stuff, and when I took off the stock one it had a rubber gasket on both sides of it.

Now my question is; is it important to have? I can't take it off the stock one because it appears to be manufactured with it. Anyone else notice this?? It would probably be great for keeping crap from grinding next to the case.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted May 22, 2007 - 07:14 PM

I went out and got a 13 tooth to gear down for the tight stuff, and when I took off the stock one it had a rubber gasket on both sides of it.

Now my question is; is it important to have? I can't take it off the stock one because it appears to be manufactured with it. Anyone else notice this?? It would probably be great for keeping crap from grinding next to the case.

It's for sound dampning. Only the OEM sprockets come with the rubber moulded to the sprocket. Won't hurt a thing to run aftermarket sprockets with out the rubber.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.