tire options?

3 replies to this topic
  • 92_YZ_250

Posted May 22, 2007 - 04:12 PM

what are some good tires that will stand up to the abuse of a powerful 450? i heard maxxis were pretty good

• eissinger4

Posted May 22, 2007 - 11:09 PM

450's eat rear tires no matter what you get. Maxxis are good. I run Desert IT's on my WR450, and as long as I keep the rear tire from spinning too much, (which isn't easy), they last pretty long.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted May 23, 2007 - 04:26 PM

The desert IT (120) for the rear but get the Maxxis SI (soft) for the front.:)

• xrmarty

Posted May 23, 2007 - 09:15 PM

IRC M5B is definitely a long lasting tire. I'd say they last 3 times as long as Dunlups 756. They have a very tall and agressive nobbies which are great in soft hill climbs. The bike feels a bit squirly in intermediate to hard terrain.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.