WR 400 Won't Start

2 replies to this topic
  • cpsfrench

Posted May 22, 2007 - 11:10 AM

I have a 98 wr 400 and it won't start its been at the dealership all year and they can't seem to get it to start either. I have replaced the exhaust, new timing chain, new stator, new flywheel, new seals in the carb, new valves. I have had the tps set to spec and she has lots of spark. the only way to get here to go is to jump start it. Anyone else have issues like this with a wr 400???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1rkcooper

Posted May 22, 2007 - 07:24 PM

If it has the three basics, spark,fuel and air it should at least fire. Try about three twist of the thottle, maybe even four and see if that gives it enough fuel to fire.

• Race_Face

Posted May 23, 2007 - 08:15 AM

Yup,that should do the trick ...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.