08 Yz450

41 replies to this topic
  • adamdf

Posted September 10, 2007 - 10:55 AM

If grant Langston wins I will buy a 2008 yz450 next week..

Our you going with Blue or White?

LOL. Yeah, which colour did you order?:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • polarbear

Posted September 10, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Well guys we did something interesting with my buddy's new 08 yz 450 saturday at the track. As you all know, a lot of people have been complaining (including myself) that it has now low-end. It sure feels that way. Well there was him, me on my 06 crf 450, my cousin on is 07 crf 450, and this other guy on an 05 rmz 450. We all took turns running hole shots against the yz 450. We would ride our own bikes a couple of hole shots, and then we would switch bikes and do a couple more. The track we ride on is loose soil, mixed with manuer and sawdust. We were totally surprised because 80% of the time, who ever was on the yz 450, would win the hole shot! We couldn't believe it. I'm still stunned. ALL BIKES ARE STOCK. We then figured it was winning because of the "tractable" low end power. It doesn't just take off spinning out of control. The rear wheel takes off spinning less and tracking better. We then went to the hard dirt off the track and did the some take offs and who ever was on the yz still won most of the time. I wouldn't say 80% of the time but more like 65 to 70% of the time. This last saturday was an absolute eye opener for me. It seems like if people can just get used of the YZ's slow roll on power they will realize that they are actually going faster. Everyone always wants more power, including me, but now I'm wondering myself if I've got the concept all backwards. The one thing the YZ does do well is hit really hard from the upper mid rpm range to the top. But it sure does feel mellow down low, but I guess it must work, we couldn't believe it on saturday.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.