Bearings (sealed)

7 replies to this topic
  • #1_Hit-man

Posted February 09, 2002 - 09:04 PM

Anyone know where to get the best sealed wheel bearings at? THANX! in advance ~Hitman~

• lewichris

Posted February 09, 2002 - 10:21 PM

http://www.rockymoun...sp?sid=00649190

rocky mountian ATV. 4.50 a bearing you need three and one seal. they have all of it. best seald bearing price i have found. Good luck

• WR_Dave

Posted February 10, 2002 - 01:58 AM

Whenever I put in new bearings anywhere on the bike I always "carefully" pry the seals off of both sides of the bearing and fill them with a good synthetic grease. Then push the seals back into the bearing. (Use a fine pick to pry up the seals) Bearings usually have a shocking lack of factory grease.

• AZWR426

Posted February 10, 2002 - 07:30 PM

Be carefull about adding new grease. Too much grease and you get a process known as "churning" in the lube and it starts to break down the grease. Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • #1_Hit-man

Posted February 11, 2002 - 08:02 AM

Has anyone tried Pivot Works bearings? Looks like $55 for both front and rear Wheel bearings and seals. Does'nt sound to bad, anyone try them? Any feedback would be helpful, THANX! :) ~Hitman~

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: #1 Hit-man ]

• SFO

Posted February 13, 2002 - 06:07 AM

I just got sealed SKF brgs for my front wheel and they were 40$ each. The brg house thought they were for a bicycle, being an odd-ball size and all. I would not use chinese brgs after replacing all the stock ktm brgs in my ktm with skf after they barfed after 6mos...

• lewichris

Posted February 13, 2002 - 06:44 AM

why in the world would you spend 120 bucks on bearings. when you could spend less. Unless you have money to burn.

• sabin

Posted September 15, 2002 - 02:41 AM

Men,

I got scared looking in those prices.

Over here one european made SKF sealed bearing is $7. I guess you goverment put good taxes on european goods...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.