Xr650l Carb Question

3 replies to this topic
  • hondaxr650Lpigswin

Posted May 21, 2007 - 05:28 PM

I am going through the process of uncorking my 2003 honda xr650L. I removed all the smog attatchments and plugged it with a smog block-off kit. I installed a KN air filter and took out the snorkel. I am thinking about removing the baffle from the tailpipe until i can get a new pipe(does this help?)...I just received my dyno jet kit, and was suprised to find there was no slow jet included, just a 160,165 main, as well as a needle and spring. Im wondering if i need to replace the stock pilot(50) when i install the dyno kit. also would i use a 160 or 165 main jet?(stock is 150)...hmmm anyone know a good place to order jets? any jetting suggestions would be appreciated:)

• martinfan30

Posted May 21, 2007 - 07:47 PM

I am going through the process of uncorking my 2003 honda xr650L. I removed all the smog attatchments and plugged it with a smog block-off kit. I installed a KN air filter and took out the snorkel. I am thinking about removing the baffle from the tailpipe until i can get a new pipe(does this help?)...I just received my dyno jet kit, and was suprised to find there was no slow jet included, just a 160,165 main, as well as a needle and spring. Im wondering if i need to replace the stock pilot(50) when i install the dyno kit. also would i use a 160 or 165 main jet?(stock is 150)...hmmm anyone know a good place to order jets? any jetting suggestions would be appreciated:)

hello , i did the baffle thing to my pig when i still had stock exhaust and it did open it up a little, sounded kind of funny tho. i also did the djet kit when i ran the cv carb, and i used a 55 pilot and the 160 main. i am also at 4450 ft ele. you may need the usual 58 pilot 160 main if you are lower, even the 165 to stay abit rich. mine wouldnt run at wot without bogging using the165 main up here. i use an fcr pumper carb now and even with the price tag, wish i would have done it sooner! best place to get jets is a local shop, they usually have these jets in stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hondaxr650Lpigswin

Posted May 21, 2007 - 10:07 PM

thx for the reply, this newbie needs all the info i can get:)

• Bibleman

Posted May 22, 2007 - 03:35 AM

I believe that the taper of the Dynojet needle is such that you don't need a bigger pilot jet. Some have put larger ones in, but they are supposed to be unnecessary.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.