What Oil?

25 replies to this topic
  • TyeeHusky

Posted May 24, 2007 - 06:07 AM

"This link is to a study comparing many manufacturers oil. It is long but very interesting for someone who really wants to know how their oil performs. I personally won't use a full synthetic in an engine until it has around 1000 miles on it because synthetics lubricate so well that rings and other mated parts might not seat right"

I have heard this before also. That is why I have been using Yamalube until now. for still want to use a non synthetic oil for a couple hundred more miles but would like to find a good 10-40 oil not the Yamalube 10-30. With summer just about here the 10-30 only works up to about 70 degrees according to the manual. I am thinking of using Honda 10-40.

• FastRides

Posted May 24, 2007 - 09:28 AM

Is anyone using Castol Actevo?

• ADVnaut

Posted May 24, 2007 - 10:26 AM

I have heard this before also. That is why I have been using Yamalube until now. for still want to use a non synthetic oil for a couple hundred more miles but would like to find a good 10-40 oil not the Yamalube 10-30. With summer just about here the 10-30 only works up to about 70 degrees according to the manual. I am thinking of using Honda 10-40.

As long as the oil doesn't state energy conserving on the SAE seal on the back and mentions SJ, you are probably Ok. Any that states it is for motorcycles will not have the friction modifiers that jack up clutch plates. So you can safely use any bike manufacturer's pet oil for your bike. I am about to start running Rotella 15W40 because it is a good oil that doesn't have the modifiers and I don't feel as bad about changing it so frequently because it is relatively cheap. Good luck and ride it like you stole it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted May 27, 2007 - 01:32 PM

Maxima semi

• CaseyWR450

Posted May 27, 2007 - 02:24 PM

Bel-ray thumper!

• ffgman

Posted May 30, 2007 - 07:33 PM

I run amsoil with my rekluse and have had no problems.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.