She's Givin' Me Good Vibrations.

1 reply to this topic
  • shifty450

Posted May 21, 2007 - 03:59 AM

Sorry. I love the Beach Boys. Their greatest hits was one of the first c.d.'s I bought. Anywho....

Okay, so she's actually giving me bad vibrations. When I shift into a gear, really any gear, at low rpm's i get a heavy vibration, which I think is in the motor, which starts to shake the lower part of the bike. It continues as I increase acceleration. Once I get into the higher rpm's, I let off the gas for a second then get back on the throttle and the vibration/shaking/annoyance goes away.

It's an '06 WR450F with the "free mods" done. It's only got about 160 miles on it. I broke it in according to the manual. And I have been doing the oil changes per the manual's recomendations. 3 things I haven't done that I know should be done are grease the joints mentioned in the FAQ sticky thread. I also haven't re-jetted. I was also wondering if I may need to check my valve clearances.

What do you guys think? Is it possible any of those 3 fairly simple things is the culprit? Hopefully you can decipher my ramblings and offer some help. Thanks.:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • msgbean

Posted May 21, 2007 - 11:32 AM

Check your motor mounts and make sure they are tight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.