Throttle cable question

6 replies to this topic
  • kizzle426

Posted May 20, 2007 - 02:45 PM

I'm pretty sure it would, but will a 99 yz400 throttle cable assembly (or just the cable) fit my 02 426? It would make since that they would. I found the whole assembly on ebay for 20 bucks and I think it's a pretty good price. My open side is about to snap if I don't get one and I'm sure they're pretty expensive at the dealer. Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted May 20, 2007 - 06:30 PM

Retail on your cable set (5SF-26335-00-00) is $25. TT OEM will sell the set for $17.

• lightestYZF

Posted May 25, 2007 - 05:32 AM

Throttle cables different on 98/99 YZs versus 00-02. Carb changed between 99 and 00 - in fact the pulley wheel on the carb even spins opposite way to open the slide.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • theclone

Posted May 25, 2007 - 06:23 PM

Just buy new cables.

• 642MX

Posted May 25, 2007 - 06:36 PM

I've had bad luck with OEM cables, they always seem to fray too easily. I replaced them with Motion Pros and haven't had a problem since. :)

• grayracer513

Posted May 25, 2007 - 07:59 PM

I can't say that I've had any problems with OEM cables. The fit is certainly the best of anything available, if nothing else. Motion Pro is an interesting product line. The overall quality of everything they make (or sell), on the whole, is somewhat variable in my experience; some very good, and some not. That kind of makes it a gamble in my mind. But now we at least have your recommendation on the cables.

• 642MX

Posted May 26, 2007 - 04:05 AM

^^^ Maybe I should elaborate on my experience. I had 2 OEM throttle cables fray the upper cable as it goes into the carb. The Motion Pro is made a little longer with a little more insulation and I believe it helps.

I really can't speak for there other products...

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.