Burning up tranny gears!

4 replies to this topic
  • Rgf19312

Posted May 20, 2007 - 02:00 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has heard that the Honda guys are putting a full quart of oil in the trans, instead of the called for .75 and that is saving the tranny gears, my question is, I've heard some of the Yami guys talking about burning trannys to, so are any of you running more oil? I am the proud owner of a 94 Yamaha yz250, an 02 R1, and a 07Wr 450F, Yamaha Rules:ride:

• msgbean

Posted May 20, 2007 - 04:13 PM

The Yamaha's are not seizing due to the lack of lubrication like the Honda's. For what ever reason the dogs on the Yamaha gears are wearing or getting damaged.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Longtimeyamahaguy

Posted May 20, 2007 - 05:05 PM

I`d not really heard of any WR tranny`s burnin up but I will say my 03WR450 uses a little oil each weekend and I have some metal shavings in my oil filter and housing every time I change the oil. Wonder if the tranny gears is where them shavings is coming from???????

• xrmarty

Posted May 20, 2007 - 09:28 PM

did a search on this subject once and did not find anything to make me think Yamahas have tranny issues.

• msgbean

Posted May 21, 2007 - 11:36 AM

did a search on this subject once and did not find anything to make me think Yamahas have tranny issues.

You might need to search again. There are a lots of threads on 3rd and 5th gear failure.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.