650L with CRF450 stock exhaust?

2 replies to this topic
  • gtr-fxr

Posted May 20, 2007 - 05:01 AM

I've got the stock slip on from my CRF450R and was wondering if it would be tuned properly for my 650L provided I can make it fit. What problems might I have as far as potential engine damage? I know I'd probably have to rejet. All of Daves Mods plus smog, snorkel and air filter have been done.
It looks like it could fit with very little modifications.
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DBM

Posted May 20, 2007 - 07:00 AM

I am planning the same type of custom muffler for my L. I bought a near new05 RMZ 450 stock muffler from ebay for 25.00. I will buy a cheap stock OEM muffler and use the section of it that bolts to the header and have a custom "mid pipe" made at the local muffler shop. There are several companies that produce quiet/spark arrested end caps for stock 450 mufflers that would allow many tuning options. I do not like the fact that most if not all performance mufflers for the L bolt to the weak turn signal mount. I want my muffler bolted to the subframe in the factory braced stock location.

I will let you know how it goes with pictures.

DBM

• XR650L_Dave

Posted May 21, 2007 - 08:02 AM

No engine damage, as long as you rejet.

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.