1 reply to this topic
  • isalingebruik

Posted May 19, 2007 - 11:39 PM

I live in the United Kingdom and was wondering if I can buy this bike new from a franchised Honda dealer. Somehow I am under the impression it is no longer being made (Atleast in the UK)??
I hope I am wrong because I am dying to buy it spanking new!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • InternalCombustion

Posted May 20, 2007 - 07:44 AM

I cannot speak to the feasibility of importing a new one out of the States into the UK, but the current exchange rate would make it highly attractive.

What I would suggest is that you ask your local Honda dealer to try to source a leftover "new" '05 or '06 from another dealer in the UK. Failing that perhaps you could find a new '05 or '06 somewhere in the EU.

I can fully appreciate your desire to find a new one, as that bike makes a primo dual sport / street platform. If you cannot find a spanking new one I would not hesitate finding a nice low-miles used model and going from there.

I bought my '01 used in 2003 and promptly motarded it and licensed it for the street (not standard in the States). I love my XR650R. Of the 4 bikes I currently own it is not the most expensive, but it is clearly my favorite and sees the most riding time, and customizing.

Good luck, Mate.
Ride safe.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 1 reply

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.