• GIANTac1

Posted May 19, 2007 - 07:56 PM

Nice ride man!!!!:)

• Firelyle

Posted May 19, 2007 - 08:15 PM

Looks good! :)

• drop

Posted May 20, 2007 - 07:37 AM

Sick bike man. What front fender did you use? What size rear tire is that? It looks pretty beefy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • InternalCombustion

Posted May 20, 2007 - 08:31 AM

Sweet.

The amazing thing to me about taking a 650R and modding it for supermoto is the difference that makes in the bike.

My R spends summers config'd as an SM. When the first snow falls (and PennDOT lays down a layer of salt on the roads) I convert it back to Dual-sport config, to save my Excel / Z-Billet wheels. The difference in the character of the bike is night and day.

I wouldn't say one config is "better" than the other but they are definitely different. In SM config you hardly need to even THINK about turning the bike, it turns-in right NOW. In dual-sport config it is almost too stable (though I'm not complaining).

At first I was concerned about dropping the front end 2" (by installing the 17" front rims). So I also installed an integrated GPR stabilzer to manage any resulting head-shake that might crop up. But even with the GPR set on the lowest setting and riding on notoriously lousy Pennsylvania roads, I have never experienced the slightest hint of head-shake.

Great bike. My guess is you are loving yours.

Ride safe.

• Thumpmeister

Posted May 20, 2007 - 11:10 AM

Sweet ride man... I'm jealous; I've always wanted to make my pig into an SM, but the WA laws are pretty lame...

And that is a MASSIVE rear tire...

• gaiiin

Posted May 20, 2007 - 11:29 AM

hey hey nice ride man !

I've got black excel rims too, but with red anodised HAAN hubs :ride: 5" rear too :) what tire are you running? a 160 or a 165? are the side stickers from blackbirdracing?

• TommieZZ

Posted May 20, 2007 - 04:30 PM

Thanks guys.....my rear wheel is a 5.00 & has a 160 tire.....I had to modify my chain guide for more clearance but no problems.....The number plate backgounds are Factory Pro w/ additional black accents from solid black sheets........I have ridden lots of bikes but this is the best.....

• Bibleman

Posted May 20, 2007 - 07:00 PM

Nice attention to detail! I like it:applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.