12.2 volts at battery?

1 reply to this topic
  • ZEHR

Posted May 19, 2007 - 02:36 PM

I have a wr450f, and did the stator mod and got a different reg/rec and it was charging to high around 14.9-15.2 so i changed my battery, and it now charges at 12.20 and drops to 12.10 with the high beam, when i rev it up the reading doesn't move, my question is does the reg/rec kick in and out or, won't charge if the battery isn't low enough ect, never had problems starting, or riding it. should i be concerned? the only other problem i have is the headlight blows bulbs but i'am positive it's because it's an aftermarket ripoff, that runs household mr11's and mr16's and is vibrating alot. thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted May 19, 2007 - 03:09 PM

A good battery should be at 12.6 volts fully charged bike off ,and you should be between 14.2 and 14.4 volts while charging bike running. Recheck connections etc. WR Dave.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.