What needed to make 05 450 street legal?

12 replies to this topic
  • yameryaRob

Posted May 19, 2007 - 12:13 PM


What do i have to do? Ill get the dakar kit or baha kit for it. But then what, do i just take it to a shop that does inspectionsand such. Do i have to do anything with the title, or what to get a plate and such?

  • dmoney1074

Posted May 19, 2007 - 12:20 PM


It all depends where you live man... in AZ you just take it to the DMV and they will ask you to sign somthing that says you have done all things to be street legal. Half the time they dont even do inspections, but AZ is one of the easiest states from what I hear... check with your states DMV, they will tell you exactly what you need, and the process. Before you go buying a DS kit, see if it is even possible in your state... some it is impossible... cough... CA

  • yameryaRob

Posted May 19, 2007 - 12:47 PM


Im in pa. Ill c what i can find out this week then.

  • MaxPower

Posted May 19, 2007 - 01:27 PM


[COLOR="Green"]I strongly suggest a Baja Designs kit over a Dakar Kit. I read about the Trick Dual Sport being very good. But I read about the Dakar kit being good and I was dissapointed . 500 dollars is alot of money to spend on something that you arent comfortable with[/COLOR]

  • MountainMax

Posted May 20, 2007 - 05:45 AM


I put a Baja Designs kit on mine and called my local dealer, told him it was installed and he arranged the plate from Motor Vehicle, easy as pie up here in Canada

  • face_plant

Posted May 20, 2007 - 10:50 AM


everyone says baja kit (((((((( wheeling cycle can make up a kit that costs 20% less its all drc zeta and df very easy to do

all u need to worry about is emissions

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spidennis

Posted May 20, 2007 - 12:01 PM


In texas you can find a lot on line .....
I did a bit of searching when it was time to plate mine.
Maybe your state has this stuff online as well?



  • yameryaRob

Posted May 20, 2007 - 12:10 PM


Well ill make some calls tomorro. The dealer 10 miles from me is a rip off and i asked them last fall and they said that they have to order it and install it for them to do it and it would be like 800. I think not. Ill call the place i got it and some others and se what i can do.

  • yamaslamma

Posted May 22, 2007 - 12:00 PM


:) :ride: :D Can't do that in Washington State.

  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 22, 2007 - 03:28 PM


try the dual sport forum. You might be able to find out more information about Pennsylvania

  • MountainMax

Posted May 22, 2007 - 06:12 PM


what dual sport forum???

  • thumbthrottler

Posted May 24, 2007 - 09:06 AM


I set mine up with a couple trips to the Yamma shop and an auto parts store. Spent less than $300, including flashers, rear brake switch, horn and wire, even got a trick switch console like on a regular streetbike, for horn, blinker, etc.

Just need to do some labor to put together, let me know if you need an electrical print.

you can always do the minimum and use hand signals, at least in MI.

  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 24, 2007 - 11:05 PM


what dual sport forum???



Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.