Does stillwater OK raceway park suck

2 replies to this topic
  • higgy426

Posted February 09, 2002 - 09:08 AM

I was planning a trip to stillwater ok in feb to ride at that park and I heard not to waste my time that they don't takecare of it and that it is really dangerous can anyone clue me in?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vtcyclist

Posted February 09, 2002 - 02:25 PM

It does not "suck", but the motocross track is not maintained on a regular schedule. The area has some great woods riding, the mx track is a jumpfest, but still interesting. If you are trying to get break from winter in WI, then Oklahoma would be a good choice. Go to They have lots of info on the local tracks. 59th and Douglas in OKC is fun. Decent practice tracks in Tulsa. Call Coop at cooperland and he can tell you more about Raceway Park. Oh yeah, the dirt is red and will stain your gear, your aluminum and plastic if not washed off right away. Have fun.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: vtcyclist ]

• okieguy

Posted February 11, 2002 - 05:01 AM

Stillwater is a great place to ride, It is one of my favorites. The track is not maintained but it stays in pretty good shape (very hard packed). Lots of big air jumps.

We ride mostly trails, they have two main loops. The blue trail is about 10 miles long and open, can really open it up. The red trail is pretty tight and no telling how many miles it is, probably about 25 or so.

Let me know when you are going to be down here, maybe we can hook up and ride.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.