Which Wire To Cut?

1 reply to this topic
  • chambers

Posted May 18, 2007 - 09:37 AM

I have got a lock to fit to my 2002 WR 400, I just want it to stop the ignition from sparking when the the circuit is broken by the lock. I know it wont stop harcore theives but it may slow them down a bit. I am just wondering what wire do I want to cut? Been told it should be after the flywheel before the CDI but still not sure which one. Can someone help as I would like to fit it this weekend if possible

Here is the wiring diagram:-

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted May 19, 2007 - 07:32 AM

What kind of switch are you installing? Most motorcycle ignition switches made for bikes without e-start are the reverse of a car. Meaning they make a connection when in the off position and break the connection when in the on position. When using this type of switch all you need to do is tap it into your kill switch. With the switch off it’s like holding the kill switch down, no way is can start.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.