Honda Xr 600 siezing when warm

4 replies to this topic
  • auldlanzyn

Posted May 17, 2007 - 10:39 AM

My 1996 Xr 600 r is siezing when warm. Runs fine again when cool. Any ideas? I have a 162 main jet 65 pilot and a supertrap exhaust with fmf front pipes. Thanks

• xr500_89

Posted May 17, 2007 - 01:43 PM

did you check the oil sounds like you dont have any i would check that first before something blows up

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted May 17, 2007 - 02:36 PM

Is it really siezing or is the engine just stopping? There is a big difference between the two.

• auldlanzyn

Posted May 17, 2007 - 02:36 PM

too late... my friends son went out on it today...aaahhhhgggggg.. seized crank.. at least... seems that oil starvation is the problem. unsure as to why yet..pump seems to be ok. any ideas? thanks

• Kawabuggy

Posted May 18, 2007 - 09:56 AM

For a learning lesson, you can tear the old engine down.. For getting the bike back together as quickly as possible, and for less than what it will cost to repair the old engine-buy a used one and install it.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.